The Texas Living Waters Project, a collaboration of conservation nonprofits National Wildlife Federation, Sierra Club and Galveston Bay Foundation, exists to ensure that there will always be enough fresh water. To learn more about who we are and what we do, click here.
Digital marketing & content intern
This internship will be based out of the National Wildlife Federation’s South Central Regional Office in Austin, Texas.
Reports to: Communications and outreach manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Duration: May – August
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: Course credit
This internship is a great learning experience for students who are eager to practice digital marketing for a cause-driven organization. If you are a digitally-minded self-starter with enthusiasm for wildlife, social media and finding creative ways to connect with audiences, we want to hear from you!
Our digital marketing & content intern will be responsible for the following:
- Creating and scheduling creative copy and graphics for our social media accounts.
- Tracking and analyzing social media metrics.
- Curating relevant content for our newsletter and social media outlets.
- Designing and implementing a self-driven project, such as a cross-platform campaign or unique blog content.
- Researching trends in advocacy storytelling and brainstorming ways to keep our platforms current.
- Assisting the communications manager with other various planning, editing and content-production tasks. Additional projects may be determined based on individual’s unique skillsets and interests.
Qualifications and skills:
- An interest in environmental issues, particularly Texas water issues, as well as an interest in multimedia communications.
- Active on social media, with an understanding of how to create compelling social content.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with a knack for finding narratives that resonate with people.
- Ability to stay organized and motivated while juggling multiple projects.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org